Thanks to the Fellowship's Planning Committee for providing periodic updates on the UUFP Expansion progress via these Pulpit Minutes delivered during worship and other publications.
Hello. I am Steve Kadar, the Policy Board liaison to the Planning Committee. I also serve on the Real Estate Task Force, which works with the Planning Committee. I will be presenting the Planning Committee minute for today (12/6/20).
- The committee has worked on how to receive early donations to the capital campaign. We have reached out to a financial planner who will counsel members individually on the different ways to contribute to a capital campaign. In fact, we have already received a very generous donation of stock to start this process, of which we are most appreciative.
- The committee is looking at options to prepare and be ready to put a down payment on a property when we find a suitable location.
- Many of us attended the stewardship informational meeting conducted by fundraiser and consultant Mark Ewert, last month, and the Planning Committee held a follow-up meeting on November 19. We will meet with Mark again on December 29.
- The Planning Committee is also looking at ways (including texting) to best communicate with all of our members, especially our younger members.
- Our own Parker Stokes is working on mortgage applications to present to three local banks, looking to build a banking relationship before we start the business end of the search for a new home.