Earlier in the year I mentioned in RE and children’s Focus that I would like to offer a UU parenting class. The time has come!
Rev. Andrew Millard and I will be leading a five week course titled, Being a UU Parent, starting August 1, 2018.
Throughout our Unitarian Universalist Association, most religious education centers on the weekly hour of classes offered each Sunday. Beyond that there may be a youth program, and periodic meetings and social events. Almost everyone admits that is not enough. For example, parents are continually asking how they can better understand and interpret UU values during the week. They want to help their children respond to questions such as: What is the Bible? What do UUs believe about God? Parents want to know how they can make their homes stronger centers for UU values.
- An initial theological exploration with discussion by the participants.
- An examination of ways we can encourage a greater sense of our religion in our family lives.
- An opportunity for parents to raise and discuss real-life childrearing questions and challenges and how these might be answered from a UU perspective.
- August 1 – What values are we sharing with our children?
- August 8 – Let’s talk about family life
- August 15 – Resources for UUism in the home
- August 22 – Holidays and celebrations
- August 29 – Living our beliefs.