Family Connect & Support
Resources & Encouragement during our Triumphs & Challenges
Sharing our joys and concerns is part of our journey in community, but it is especially important during times that may cause or require our physical separation. We hope these resources will uplift and strengthen you while we make our way together in a "new world" of expanding the ways and means for social connection. What an opportunity for positive growth and change!
A Letter from our DRE
Dear UUFP Families,
We are finally back in person for our RE classes, youth groups, Kids Day In and RE social events! We will continue to offer online access for our Sunday Morning RE classes for days when you can’t make it in person.
I know many of you have gotten out of the habit of coming to RE events during the pandemic. So, I want to personally invite you to join us again! We have a great year planned with weekly classes, Kids Day In, Youth Group and much, much more.
Many of your favorite events are returning this year, including a Fellowship Retreat at Jamestown 4-H Center and Trunk or Treat. New this fall is Pumpkinpaloosa!, where we’ll sell pumpkins and also have a vendor fair with a bounce house and other kid friendly activities.
If your child or youth is interested in music, our choir and winds will be starting up again, too!
We can’t wait to see you at the Fellowship, and as always, we encourage you to bring your friends to come too.
See you in RE!
Joanne Dingus, Director of Religious Education
Connected Parent Support Group
Are you interested in meeting with other parents on a monthly basis for support and deep sharing?
Unitarian Universalists have many ways of articulating our Seven Principles. May this kid-friendly, simpler language (described by our UUA Tapestry of Faith children’s programs) help us instill these values in our children:
- 1st Principle: We believe that each and every person is important.
- 2nd Principle: We believe that all people should be treated fairly and kindly.
- 3rd Principle: We believe that we should accept one another and keep on learning together.
- 4th Principle: We believe that each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.
- 5th Principle: We believe that all persons should have a vote about the things that concern them.
- 6th Principle: We believe in working for a peaceful, fair, and free world.
- 7th Principle: We believe in caring for our planet Earth, the home we share with all living things.