In an effort to try on our new mission statement, the Sunday Services Committee is putting out a call for art. All art should reflect one or more of the themes expressed in the statement.
Grow in Wonder,
Connect in Love,
Engage in Service,
Artists are asked to consider the mission statement Grow in Wonder, Connect in Love, Engage in Service, Inspire Generosity when creating their work. Work may focus on one or more parts of the statement. All art should be appropriate for our faith community members and visitors of all ages to view. The Sunday Services Committee reserves the right to reject any art they do not deem appropriate for any reason. Their decisions are final.
Rules and guidelines:
- The medium is up to the artist. However, art must be able to be hung on a wall. We cannot accept free-standing sculptures at this time. frames are encouraged but not mandatory. Paper-born art should have glass or acrylic to protect it.
- We will attempt to include all submissions that meet the guidelines in the display. However, available space and the desire to create an aesthetically pleasing display will determine the final results. To this end, art should not be larger than 4’ x 6’. Art smaller than 16” x 20” may be paired with other pieces of art for display purposes. All art chosen for the display will remain the property of the artist.
- All art for the display shall remain in the sanctuary for one year and then be returned to the artist.
- The UUFP is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen art from the display.
- All materials used for the art and framing are provided at the expense of the artist.
- Art on display is not for sale and cannot be removed from the display until the end of the decided time period.
- The Sunday Services Committee reserves the right to move or remove pieces temporarily for seasonal, workshop or projection needs.
Please submit art to Joanne Dingus by December 31, 2017.
The art will be displayed from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018.