This Week at UUFP
- Moral Mondays Movement...Now is the Time: The Black Lives Matter Moral Monday Vigil will continue to be at 5 pm for the month of October in front of our office building here on the corner of Warwick Blvd and Young’s Mill Lane. Join us every Monday to witness for racial justice. Bring a poster or choose from one we have on hand. All are welcome. If you’d like more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiber FUUn Online: Monday, October 18, at 7:00 p.m. - Knit for craft; knit for comfort; bonds eternal we do weave - Gather with us, chat, create; caring friendships we conceive. This event is held every first and third Monday from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m., via Zoom. To join click Fiber_FUUn. For more information, email email@example.com
- 8th Principle Task Force Meeting: Thursday, October 21, at 4:00 p.m. - Our church affirms and promotes Journeying toward spiritual wholeness by working to build a diverse, multicultural Beloved Community by our actions that accountably dismantle racism and other oppressions in ourselves and our institutions. This event is held every third Thursday from 4:00 to 5:45 p.m., via Zoom. To join click https://zoom.us/j/95630456399 (Meeting ID: 956 3045 6399 Passcode: 430645) For more information, email socialjusti
- Holiday Events and Registration: Interactive Mystery Theater Virtual Halloween Party - Saturday, October 30, at 5:00 p.m. (Elementary Kids) 7:00 p.m. (Middle and High Schoolers) Wear a costume, create a Home Halloween Hunt, and register to get your character! An Experience of Giving Harvest Drive-Along: Saturday, November 20, from 1:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m. In-Person outdoor stations. Help the Great Pumpkin! Make Blessing Bags and Mini Pumpkins. Register to get a list of suggested items needed to help those in need. Virtual Festival of the Season: Saturday, December 11, from 2:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m. Visit with Santa, No-Bake Together Online for Gifts (and Yourself!) Cookie Decorating with Stencils. All are welcome. Numbers are limited. Register at Holiday Event Registration that we are able to send further information including links for virtual events. We look forward to having fun with the kids this holiday season! If you have any questions, email Joanne at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remember the proposed 8th Principle? It begins, “We affirm and promote journeying toward spiritual wholeness by working to build a diverse, multicultural Beloved Community…”For the full text of the principle and a case for why our church should adopt it see the eflame and join the conversation on our UUFP Facebook Community page. Thank you, The 8th Principle Task Force
- UUFP Membership: Membership Committee continues to support the growth of our Fellowship each week by offering visitors a chance to check in with us and ask questions after Forum and Sunday morning services. For more information, contact Bobbie Schilling at email@example.com.
- Volunteers Needed! UUFP's Yard Maintenance: Volunteers are needed with lawn care and maintenance. ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED. It's a good time for teens to volunteer to get their volunteer hours for school or for college applications. To volunteer contact Roy Schilling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women's Drum Circle - Saturday, October 23, at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom - The Women's Drum Circle is a casual gathering of female-identifying people to share friendship and make music together. This event is held is fourth Saturday of the month from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. To join click https://zoom.us/j/95939509949? Meeting ID: (959 3950 9949) For more information, contact womensdrumming@uufp.
org or visit Women’s Drum Circle.
- Online Sunday Morning Service: Sunday, October 24, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: “For the Common Good: Honoring the Kinship of Our Neighbors and All Creation” Presented by Virginia Interfaith Power & Light- This Fall, through a partnership between Interfaith Power & Light (DC.MD.NoVA), the Faith Alliance for Climate Solutions and Virginia Interfaith Power & Light, faith communities across the region are lifting up environmental stewardship, climate justice, and our work together for the common good. The goal of this year’s “Climate in the Pulpit, in the Minbar, and on the Bimah” is to recognize that good relationships among all living beings are foundational for healthy and resilient communities. Through our shared climate, our shared need for clean air and water, and our shared democracy, we are bound together in kinship with our neighbors throughout the interdependent web. We are holding Sunday services via Zoom! You can begin connecting at 10:30 a.m. to check your computer set-up and for introductions, and the service itself will begin promptly at 11:00 a.m. For more information, please visit Sunday-Service. Zoom link: https://uuma.zoom.us/j/
- Online Sunday Morning Forum: Sunday, October 24, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.: “Fireflies, Gluons and God” Presented Donna Carter - “Fireflies, Gluons and God.” Title piqued your interest? UU 7th Principle: “Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part” Come join us on October 24, 2021 (via Zoom link below), as Donna Carter leads us in an exploration of the Unitarian Universalist 7th Principle in relation to the natural world, ranging from the quantum to the infinite. Click here to join click Sunday-Morning-Forum.
- Southern Region of the UUA Webinars: The webinars are offered at no cost, but advance registration is required. Congregational Stewardship Practices are offered, and on November 9, Dismantling White Supremacy Culture Within the Congregation will be offered. This is a superb no-cost way of learning new practices and enhancing your leadership knowledge while interacting online with other Southern Region congregation members. If you do not consider yourself a leader yet, this is an easy way to dip your toe into leadership. Sign up for webinars through May 10, 2022 at: https://www.uua.org/
- Interactive Mystery Theater Virtual Halloween Party - Saturday, October 30, at 5:00 p.m. (Elementary Kids) 7:00 p.m. (Middle and High Schoolers) Wear a costume, create a Home Halloween Hunt, and register to get your character! We look forward to having fun with the kids this holiday season! If you have questions, email Joanne at email@example.com.
- Semi-Annual Program Council Meeting: Saturday, November 13, from 10:00 a.m.- 11:30 a.m., via Zoom- Any and all are welcome to attend and learn about recent and upcoming church and committee activities. We will have updates about the Fellowship’s anti-racism activities and the Eighth Principle. We will also review how to schedule meetings and submit announcements. The meeting agenda and reports will be posted on the Program Council page on the church website. Representatives from the Planning Committee, the Policy Board, Social Justice, and the Committee on Ministry, just to name a few, will be available to answer questions you may have. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact VicePresident@uufp.org. Hope to see you there! Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/99172411090? (Meeting ID: 991 7241 1090) Passcode: 255926
- An Experience of Giving Harvest Drive-Along: Saturday, November 20, from 1:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m. In-Person outdoor stations. Help the Great Pumpkin! Make Blessing Bags and Mini Pumpkins. Register to get a list of suggested items needed to help those in need. We look forward to having fun with the kids this holiday season! If you have questions, email Joanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Virtual Festival of the Season: Saturday, December 11, from 2:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m. Visit with Santa, No-Bake Together Online for Gifts (and Yourself!) Cookie Decorating with Stencils. All are welcome. Numbers are limited; to receive goodies and information such as video chat. We look forward to having fun with the kids this holiday season! If you have questions, email Joanne at email@example.com.