This Week at UUFP
- Let's Stay Connected! UUFP is now offering On-Line Check-In (Monday and Wednesday Only) via Zoom, at 11:00 a.m. Please drop in to let us know how you’re doing, to let us know what you need help with, to share good news or sad news, or just to chat. Join us here or Dial 1-646-558-8656 (Meeting ID: 841 4786 9284).
- “Reflect-Back” Discussion Group - Wednesdays at 7pm via Zoom Unitarian Universalism has a long tradition of encouraging individuals to rely on their own experience and discernment. Many congregations provided time during the Sunday worship service itself, after a minister’s sermon, for members to “talk back” to the pulpit. While the tradition has fallen out of favor in most larger congregations, there remains a strong impulse to apprehend, reflect, criticize, deconstruct, reconstruct, and internalize a message, making it one’s own — and strengthening our bonds of fellowship in the process. If you missed the Sunday service, this might be a good way to catch up! To join in visit ReflectBackWednesdays or more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Town Hall Meeting: Proposed VA Constitutional Ammendment: The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Fredericksburg invites all Virginians to a virtual town hall forum on Friday, September 18th from 7:30-8:30 pm. Join Brian Cannon from Fair Maps VA and Kathay Feng from Common Cause to hear about Virginia Constitutional Amendment #1 on the November 3rd ballot. They will explain how this historic amendment to the Virginia Constitution will change the way the Commission to redraw voting districts after a census will work. Invite your friends and neighbors. We urge you to inform yourself on this important issue before you vote this year! Click here for the [Zoom Link] Meeting ID: 491 781 9732, Passcode: 838891. Contact Rev. Doug McCusker, email@example.com if you have any questions. Zoom Town Hall Flyer
- UU the Vote at UUFP: UUA President Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray has stressed that "UU the Vote" is our #1 priority. "Faith. Love. Action. Together." and "#VoteLove – #DefeatHate" are the motto and slogan for the campaign.
- Absentee voting in Virginia starts September 13. Please find your voting hours and locations at https://www.elections.virginia.gov/
- You can register to vote until October 13. Details at the Virginia election website.
- UUFP will be helping with voter registration on October, as well as sending postcards, offering rides, and phone banking. Contact Sandra and Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join the UUFP Social Justice Committee's letter writing campaign Sunday, Sept 13 at 3:00. Details here.
- "I Can't Breathe" Sessions: The Social Justice Committee is facilitating Zoom sessions every Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. and every Thursday at 6:00 p.m. for the rest of June to help us process the deaths of George Floyd and many other People of Color. The sessions will address BlackLivesMatter, Ending Police Brutality against Blacks, and Ending White Supremacy. All are welcome. We are facilitating these as Deep Listening sessions at first, like our Fellowship Circles. That is, we all listen respectfully with no comments or suggestions while each of us speaks in the safe, loving place that we create together in our Zoom sessions. In Community, Robin van Tine, Chair Social Justice Committee. Please join us via Zoom at bit.ly/2zGXGdg or for more information, contact email@example.com.
- Sip and Social Thursday! We’ll gather informally (and virtually) via Zoom on Thursdays at 4 p.m. We invite you to please join Rev. Andrew for tea (coffee, or hot chocolate, or whatever you prefer) to check in with one another and chat. Click https://uuma.zoom.us/j/
384426773 to join us via Zoom!
- Volunteers are needed to help with the mowing and weekly trash take out at the Fellowship Building. ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED. Please contact Roy Schilling at firstname.lastname@example.org or the office building for more information.