This Week at UUFP
- Moral Mondays Movement...Now is the Time: Black Lives Matter Vigil will be held Monday, November 29, from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., in front of the office building on Warwick Blvd. Starting in December the vigil will be held from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Join us to witness for racial justice. Bring a poster or choose from one we have on hand. Be sure to bring your thermos of water. All welcome. For more information email email@example.com
- Book Club: We are a casual group of people who enjoy exchanging books and sharing about the books that we have read. All are welcome, whether or not you have read the chosen book. This meeting is held every fourth Monday, from 7:00 p.m.- 9:30 p.m. Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/99084708484 (Meeting ID: 990 8470 8484) or join by phone at 646-558-8656. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Logo Needed For Racial Justice Team: The Racial Justice Team needs a logo. We want people to know who we are and what we do. We will use our logo on all our communications so that our events and projects are easily recognizable. Do you like to draw or make computer-generated art? We are accepting image ideas until December 15th. Please submit them to email@example.com.
- Book Club: The Book Club will not meet in December. Please join us online on January 24, at 7:00 p.m., via Zoom - January Reading: Biography or Autobiography. Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/99084708484 (Meeting ID: 990 8470 8484) or join by phone at 646-558-8656. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PORT Winter Shelter Volunteer Signup: UUFP is signed up for several dates to volunteer at the PORT shelter this winter. Our first date is Sunday, November 28, at Temple Baptist Church 235 Harpersville Rd, Newport News, VA 23601. Volunteers are needed to help cook, serve, & clean up kitchen, to help with check in/check out, and to hand out breakfast bags. If you are interested, please contact Bobbie Schilling at email@example.com.
In observance of Thanksgiving our office will be closed on Thursday, November 25th
- Women's Drum Circle: Saturday, November 27, from 7:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., via Zoom - The Women's Drum Circle is a casual gathering of female-identifying people to share friendship and make music together. This event is held is fourth Saturday of the month from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. To join click https://zoom.us/j/95939509949? Meeting ID: (959 3950 9949) For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Womens_Drum_Circle_Online.
- Sunday Morning Service: Sunday, November 28, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: “Waiting for Christmas (Cookies)” Presented by Rev. Andrew Millard- Advent Sunday marks the beginning of a season of waiting for Christmas to come, but waiting can be hard! Let’s light the Candle of Hope to guide us into this season and, through storytelling, wondering, exploring, and sharing, let’s talk about what it’s like to wait, whether that’s for quality time with family and friends or for cookies! We are holding Sunday services via Zoom! You can begin connecting at 10:30 a.m. to check your computer set-up and for introductions, and the service itself will begin promptly at 11:00 a.m. For more information, please visit Sunday-Service. Zoom link: https://uuma.zoom.us/j/920676087
- Online Sunday Morning Forum: Sunday, November 28, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.: “Connecting to Hanukkah” Presented by Michele Hirsch & Susan & Heather Schneider - One-in-five U.S. adults were raised in interfaith homes, according to a 2015 survey by the Pew Research Center. In a world of polarized religion and politics, forming authentic relationships across faith boundaries can be a challenge. As members of multi-faith families, a panel of guests will share about their connections to Hanukkah, with Director of Religious Education Joanne Dingus facilitating the discussion. For more information, please visit Sunday-Morning-Forum. Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82371824544
- First PORT Winter Shelter: Sunday, November 28, at Temple Baptist Church 235 Harpersville Rd, Newport News, VA 23601. For more information, contact Bobbie Schilling at email@example.com
- Volunteers Needed! UUFP’s Leaf Raking: On December 4, 2021, there will be a work party from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., (Sanctuary Parking lot - 415 Youngs Mill Lane) to get the leaves swept to the curb for pick-up beginning December 6th. ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED. To volunteer contact Roy Schilling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Virtual Festival of the Season: Saturday, December 11, from 2:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m. Visit with Santa, No-Bake Together Online for Gifts (and Yourself!) Cookie Decorating with Stencils. All are welcome. Numbers are limited. Register at Holiday Event Registration that we are able to send further information including links for virtual events. We look forward to having fun with the kids this holiday season! If you have any questions, email Joanne at email@example.com
- Southern Region of the UUA Webinars: Webinars are offered at no cost, but advance registration is required. This is a superb no-cost way of learning new practices and enhancing your leadership knowledge while interacting online with other Southern Region congregation members. If you do not consider yourself a leader yet, this is an easy way to dip your toe into leadership. Sign up for webinars through May 10, 2022 at: https://www.uua.org/southern/calendar/region/sr-toolbox-webinar